Thursday, November 09, 2006

Photos from Dia de Los Muertos

Finally I'm posting shots of the Dia de Los Muertos altar I created for the Sherman Heights neighborhood celebration.

The soldier image is taken from a New York Times photograph. I was able to fit approximately 1200 names (out of 2807 on Dia de los Muertos, Nov. 1) of our fallen service members on the wall with the help of Lauren Gibson, who assisted me in cranking out this project in record time.

Its taken me so long to get back to this blog because I have several projects developing simultaneously, including a new faux finish job in a gorgeous old home in Point Loma and the first courses I'm teaching to my first students at the San Diego Finishing School.
More on those devlopments soon, but I also wanted to mention in this post my partcipation this weekend in the San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival at Embarcadero Park in downtown San Diego. I am the "official" festival artist who created a custom commission painting for the Festival to use as their marketing image on postcards, posters, tickets, etc:

I'll talk more about this commission process int he next post, but if you want to check out the festival it starts tonight with the first round of tastings, etc. Check out all the activity at worldofwineevents.com.
I will be at the Grand Event on Saturday with a display of new fine art paintings I'm showing for the first time as well as portfolio images of past custom handpainted murals and faux finish projects. I will post pictures next week for everyone to see!

No comments: