Tuesday, March 06, 2007

New Work, New Site, New Season

Its been a busy winter of production since I last updated this blog, with a couple of excellent faux finish projects recently completed in addition to new painting students at the San Diego Finishing School, new working alliances with some fellow San Diego custom painting contractors-- there's been so much going on I haven't had time to write.

So I'm going to get caught up a little this month while people get interested in this year's Artwalk here in San Diego's Little Italy, usually the beginning of my "season" for meeting new people, showing new work, and seeking out new opportunities.

This year I'm not sure what art to show or how much portfolio of recent custom mural & faux finish painting to display, and I would also like to share some of what's been going on with the first class of students at the San Diego Finishing School, though technically I'm supposed to be showing and selling my fine art only, which leads me to the idea of doing prints (for the first time) of one of my fine art paintings, so as to have more accessible prices for the Artwalk audience....

This at least gives me a good place to start then with the new work. This is one of the new paintngs I'm developing with my agent, Tom Pergola, entitled "Firenze #2". The original is 30" wide x 40" tall, painted in acrylic on canvas. You can see the full size image on the fine art page of my portfolio site, john-scenic.com



(Tom is only representing my fine art; if you are interested in commissioning a custom mural project or set of unique faux finishes, please contact me directly.)

This paintng is part of a series based on the last twenty years of rigorous investigation into light, shade and shadow as the revealers of form, and rooted in my aesthetic homeland of (and travels in) Italy. Its also the first painting I think might make a quality image in reproduction (i.e., giclee, lithograph, etc.)

I would welcome any opinions (pro or con) about making prints of this, or any comments or opinions about printmaking in general. Please e-mail me directly at muralssandiego@john-scenic.com if you have something to contribute; I'm always very grateful for your honest opinions.

No comments: