Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Custom textured and painted finish

I've just posted a picture of one of my favorite jobs of the year, a textured and painted finish on a unique master bedroom fireplace/mantel, in the faux finishes section of my portfolio. Because the client gave me such an awesome testimonial, I've put it up on my home page, too. Check it out:

custom textured and painted finish

This finish was created by embedding leaf forms through a heavily distressed texture coat. After softening and sealing, the etxture coat is filled with tinited plasters and polished to a glassy shine before waxing and highlighting in a soft metallic gold. I polished the final coat of wax with an auto buffer to leave a glistening, other worldly finish.



This close up gives a great idea of how this finish responds to light and time of day.

These pictures were taken by my friend, professional photographer Mike Brown. Check out his work on Flickr.com.

1 comment:

DoodleBird said...

oooooh, now THATS gorgeous! Bravo!