Thursday, June 18, 2009

adapting, painting, teaching & following my own advice


What happens when you learn enough new stuff to radically alter your current opinions about running a business?

I've always preferred the word "adapt" when it comes to my creative endeavors, art, business or fun, and so over the last few weeks I've been adapting to a few new circumstances and "ah-ha" moments that have required some serious consideration.

I haven't tried to keep up with my posts and updates, which some of you have noticed since keeping up with kids and your own business is already more than enough for one person to do when combined with any kind of serious soul searching.

Fortunately, I have continuing demand for my various services, and more than one "ah-ha" had to do with delivering these services in better ways to the wider audience I've been developing through my online portfolio, this blog, and on Twitter, one of the many social media tools I teach other artists, contractors and small businesses to survive in the new economy.

So look for some changes and and new info over the summer with what I'm doing online as I respond to what's going on around us using the same theories and strategies about online marketing and social media integration that I teach my students.

Of course I'm still running a mural and faux finish business, and even though my marketing tools need tweaking, they've been running solid in bringing the work to me even in this economy. So here are some pictures of a little mural job I fit into my schedule this week at the new Broken Yolk Cafe in the Gaslamp, for everyone who wants to hear about hand painted murals and faux finish walls.

Per my usual, this painting project includes multiple elements of scale drawing, faux painting and aging techniques, and brand continuity-- everyone in San Diego probably recognizes their graphic from the flagship cafe in Pacific Beach.

mural restaurant gaslamp San Diego

The desired aged style of this piece was based on another San Diego restaurant mural project I did last year at the now all-new Lucky D's Bar & Grill.

vintage sports logo murals in San Diego Gaslamp restaurants

3 comments:

Unknown said...

At Wally Wall Art, you can order unique and customizable wall decals, wall stickers, wall tattoos for any room. We can also utilize your own design to create truly customizable wall decals.

Unknown said...

At Wally Wall Art, you can order unique and customizable wall decals, wall stickers, wall tattoos for any room. We can also utilize your own design to create truly customizable wall decals.

Unknown said...

Find here mural paintings, mural painting artist, mural paintings manufacturers in delhi, India. We are also mural painting services provider in delhi, india. VIEW MORE :- Mural Paintings