Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Open studio, chalk TV, new trompe l'oeil.

1. Finishing School open studios & press release: The San Diego Finishing School is now open for business with the site "finalized" and the space set up for work. Starting next week, I will have the studio open to anyone interested in "accelerated artist development" or my work creating custom murals and one-of-a kind painted ("faux") finishes. Currently, I've scheduled: Thursday Oct 5 and Friday Oct 6, from 3-7pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday Oct 10, 11 & 12 from 2-5pm; and Saturday, Oct 14 from 2-7pm. I will have many production samples from past mural and finish jobs, as well as some original paintings displayed throughout, and I'll be working on the panels for the weekend (see below). Everyone is welcome (I'll have wine in the evenings), but if you would like to discuss a specific project or course of study in detail, please let me know ahead of time so I can comfortably accomodate everyone. Currently, I can also schedule individual appointments at other times through October 14, but after that its looking like i'll be booked through to the holidays. Now's your chance. If you aren't familiar with my latest project, please visit the San Diego Finishing School. Click here to check out the press release. 2. Chalk TV & corrections: The open studio times fit around my recently scheduled apearances on local TV to support this years' street painting festival at the annual Festa in Little Italy. (I will be preparing my contribution as this years' featured artist during open studio times.) Appearances are: KUSI (ch 9) morning segment 7.30-9.30am Tuesday October 3 FOX (ch 6)morning segment 7.30-9.30am Thursday October 5 NBC (ch 7) morning sements 6.30 and 9.00am Friday October 6 and I will try to get a clip edited for the website. I will be working up a sample board in chalk to develop over the four segments and help demonstrate what it is we're doing. Also on chalk: I need to correct info in last update about this year's Festa: the new name is Corso Degli Artisti, and the dates are Saturday Oct 7 & Sunday Oct 8. I hope you can come down to see me and over a hundred more talented artists and sample the food, music and fabulous atmosphere of Little Italy. Click here to see my past years' street paintings. 3. New trompe l'oeil mural Here's a picture from the trompe l'oeil project I just completed for my good friend Gloria Paris here in San Diego. trompe l'oeil mural for gloria paris All the pix from this trompe l'oeil project (and a couple of other new ones) will be up soon on www.john-scenic.com

No comments: