Sunday, October 28, 2007

Chalk Video & SDFS Update

I got another great email last week after this year's chalk painting event in Little Italy.

Hi John, I was at the festival last Sunday with a couple of friends and enjoyed watching you paint. I took pictures that day and later thought I'd create a quick movie as a thank you for my friends who took me. Since this wasn't planned, I didn't get any contact info on any of the artists that day. You are the only artist I know how to contact because of the t-shirt you were wearing for sdfinishingschool.com. You are very talented and I enjoyed your art and your websites very much. Since you are in the video I made, I thought you might enjoy seeing it. I wish you every success and hope to see you and your work again some day. Sincerely, Terry Whitley
Check out Terry's really cool video of us all chalk painting at the 2007 Gesso Italiano in San Diego's Little Italy. Thanks, Terry! I always greatly appreciate documentation of me working and I'm sure all of my chalk street painting fans will appreciate it, too.

On another front, I am disappointed to write that the SDFS 2007-2008 school year has been pushed entirely into the 2008 calendar year, despite the certainty of my last set of posts. I confess to having underestimated how much time I would have open for SDFS after Logan's arrival in September coupled with an unexpected surge in service demand the last two months, all while preparing for my presentation with Heather at next month's American Arts Festival at the San Diego Convention Center. Its the first time we've shown together even though we just celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary last week. Of course I've been also doing my usual October events in Little Italy and here in Sherman Heights at next weekend's Dia de los Muertos. My apologies to everyone waiting for more info and who thought they had a set schedule for workshops. I need more time to organize my materials and finish up details on both the SDFS site and the various videos of this year's projects, not to mention update my portfolio site as well. Please stay tuned to these posts for developments as they happen and a special offer from Heather for your upcoming holiday shopping. As always, thanks for your support!

No comments: