Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Chalk time again in Little Italy

I'm still working on editing all the info from 2007 so far and its already time for the annual chalk street paintng event in Little Italy here in San Diego. If you go back to the beginning of this blog, the first articles are about last year's project as the Featured Artist of 2006 Corso Degli Artisti.

This year I've been finishing that project up and readying it for permanent outdoor install in Little Italy after display at this year's event October 13 and 14, 2007.

Here's the latest snap (I am working on the final lettering next).

2006 Michelangeo featured artist piece

The festival has a new name this year, Gesso Italiano, and a new location on Beech Street, and so I'm switching gears somewhat as well. Instead of my usual Italian Renaissance Masters theme, I'm jumping instead to one of my more modern-day heroes, Vincent Van Gogh and a painting that I still admire no matter how many times I see it as a worn out poster or trendy hand bag embellishment.

Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night

More on these projects as they develop and the long promised videos all coming soon. Stay tuned.

No comments: