Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Business of art mentoring scholarship for SDSU art students


I'm really excited about a new program I've developed with Sandi Cottrell of ArtWalk this year to mentor a SDSU art department student through the process of preparing, presenting and promoting a show of his or her work at ArtWalk as the launch and springboard of his or her business as a professional artist.

I'll write more about details later, today I want to share this pic of our first scholarship winner, Jessica Siemans. Taken last night with her purchase-award piece "Face" in the SDSU art galleries last night after the awards ceremony, this picture only shows a fraction of Jessica's energy and enthusiasm for her work.

It was really a pleasure to meet Jessica and feel the energy and excitement of all the artists present, student and faculty both. Definitely look for more posts about this project through April 25 & 26, the weekend of ArtWalk 2009--I'm really looking forward to the whole process and excitement of an artist getting response to their work and results for their efforts. I'll probably put up links to a new site blog specifically about this project as part of my new Art & Artist Services project with The Frame Maker.

1 comment:

Jessica Siemens said...

I am very excited to start working with you in preparation for ArtWalk :)
-Jessica Siemens