Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Current faux finish and mural work?

I've had more than a few inquiries from friends asking what I've got going for faux finish and mural projects right now, and the right answer is not one I've ever admitted before.

Right now? None.

I don't have an active contract right now to paint anything for anyone.

Fortunately, this isn't the same concern for me right now it could be otherwise. In the too-rare instance of me practicing what I preach, diversification has allowed me to remain relatively unstressed by economy, media gloom & panicked peers.

Rather, many of the business and marketing skills I had developed over the years to grow my mural and faux-painting business are now much in demand as everyone's business (and outlook) contracts to some degree.

If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you know I've been heavily involved in someone else's business for over a year now at The Frame Maker. I link to their website here because it is my most developed example of helping a business both 1) strengthen its bond with existing clients and 2)actually gain new clients in a shrinking marketplace driven by uncertainty and fear.

Designed and built by my company from scratch, The Frame Maker site and blogs (always featured on the left panel of this blog) help deliver real value to existing clients looking for info and examples and potential clients looking for the best custom picture framer in town.

These new web design and marketing consulting services will be fully documented and presented on their own at some point in the near future, but for the next few months you'll be able to find updates, links and testimonials here as I prepare to officially launch the "Artist Services" part of my "Art & Artist Services" tagline.

Stay tuned.

No comments: